The texts included in this notice with cursive grey letters are literal extracted from the afore mentioned guide.
Definition and function of cookies
A cookie is a file that can be downloaded to a computer or electronic device when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow the website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the user or the computer used to access the website.
Depending on the type of cookie, they can be used to recognize the user.
Types of cookies
– Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
– Session Cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
– Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
– Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
– Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person in charge of them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Allow only communication between the user’s equipment and the network.
- Strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
In this sense, the Working Group of Article 29 in its Opinion 4/20123 has interpreted that among the excepted cookies are those that are intended to:
- User input cookies
- Authentication or user identification cookies (session only)
- User security cookies
- Multimedia player session cookies
- Session cookies to balance the load
- Customization cookies for the user interface
- Complement cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content
- For Internet Explorer cookie settings
- For the configuration of Firefox cookies
- For Google Chrome cookie settings
- For Safari cookie settings
Our website informs users that analyzed their website on the date of update of this document, the following results are obtained.